Home Forums WP Nav Plus Installation and Configuration Divided Menu + Genesis Child Theme (Swank): need styling help

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Matt Keys 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jodie Burdette

I have removed the header info from my site and expanded the right header widget to be full width. However I can not find anywhere to add styling to your menu. I want it to use the primary nav styling from this theme which you can still see on my site.

As this is a Genesis theme I cannot just go into the header.php and make code changes.

Any direction on how to make this work with a Genesis theme would be deeply appreciated.

#7169 Reply

Matt Keys
    Keymaster

Hi Jodie,

I do not personally have much experience with the Genesis framework, although I know that my plugin has been used a number of times with it as someone put together a guide for it. https://sridharkatakam.com/split-navigation-menu-genesis-using-wp-nav-plus/

It looks like you must be a member now to view that page, it used to be available to the public. I see that they still have their github code samples available though, hopefully those can point you in the right direction as well. https://gist.github.com/srikat/a4261bcbd0834dea4752

#7171 Reply

Jodie Burdette

So how do I add styling to your menu? You provide nowhere to add classes and most themes have their class names for menu items.

#7190 Reply

Matt Keys
    Keymaster

WP Nav Plus extends the functionality of WP Nav Menu.

All of the built in methods to assign classes or IDs work just like normal (see above link for details).

To access these features you will need to use the wp_nav_menu function and not the widget. If you are trying to retrofit from an existing theme there is probably already a call to wp_nav_menu being made in your theme template files.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Divided Menu + Genesis Child Theme (Swank): need styling help
Your information: