Home Forums WP Nav Plus Installation and Configuration Divided Menu not appearing horizontally

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Matt Keys 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Jodie Burdette

I have been trying to style your menu plugin for quite some time now. My theme uses some custom style classes and I have been able to apply them to your menu, for the most part. I have managed to get the menu 99% styled the way I want it but there are two things I cannot get to work correctly.

First, the divided menu is appearing vertically rather than horizontal AND the logo has a bullet appearing beside it.

Please take a look and tell me where to correct these two final issues.

#7260 Reply

Matt Keys
    Keymaster

I don’t see a link to your site, but the two CSS things you will need to know about to achieve your goals would be:

• Floats: You will want to apply a float (probably left) to the LI elements in your navigation.
    • List-Style-Type: You will want to set this property to “none” on the UL element of your menu.
    #7261 Reply

Jodie Burdette

Thank you for the tips. I was able to get rid of the bullet. However I cannot get the menu to align horizontally at all.

Here is the link: http://www.the-osp.com/osp/

#7262 Reply

Matt Keys
    Keymaster

It looks like the CSS in your site is actually using a display mode of “inline-block” instead of a float.

you will want to add a rule like:

li.menu-divider-item {
    display: inline-block;
    }

#7263 Reply

Jodie Burdette

Ok I have a new issue. Now the logo is not aligned vertically to the menu items.

#7264 Reply

Matt Keys
    Keymaster

Try playing with Vertical-Align and Line-Height properties to get things where you want them.

#7265 Reply

Jodie Burdette

I understand those properties but no matter where I put them the alignment does to center vertically.

#7266 Reply

Matt Keys
    Keymaster

I am sorry but this is getting a bit too far beyond the scope of support I provide for this plugin. I don’t support CSS styling, as this plugin is not intended to apply any styling out of the box beyond what your theme may or may not apply itself (as noted at the top of the product page).

#7267 Reply

Jodie Burdette

That is a real shame. The lack of styling options makes this plugin feel half finished. If you cannot make the menu flow with the design of your theme it’s usefulness is very limited.

I have seen many other plugins that include the ability to simply add classes to the output. That alone would make styling amazingly easier and would likely keep people from having to ask you so many styling questions.

As it stands now if your theme uses custom classes, and most good ones do, this plugin becomes extremely difficult to work with.

#7275 Reply

Matt Keys
    Keymaster

For more advanced implementations (like if you want to add custom classes) check out the ‘advanced’ implementation method, which will let you use any of the functionality defined for WP Nav Menu. From there you can set container class or ID among many other tweaks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Divided Menu not appearing horizontally
Your information: