Home Forums WP Nav Plus Installation and Configuration Menu of Lonely Planet Website

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Matt Keys 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Wilbur

How can we use your menu system to implement menu system like that seen in LonelyPlanet

For instance consider http://www.lonelyplanet.com/spain/barcelona

There are 2 menu systems
    – On the left Barcelona / Spain
    – On right : Highlights | Things to do and so on
    The beauty is If pull down Barcelona and select El Raval, then Highlights and Things to Do etc relate to El Raval
    and so on.
    Can I implement a similar menu structure. If yes, which product do I need to use?

#7520 Reply

Matt Keys
    Keymaster

If I am understanding correctly, it seems like you would have a menu structure where the top level items were all the locations/cities.

Then under each city, there would be children (things to do, highlights, etc).

The menu on left in this example would be a standard wp_nav_menu with the depth set to 1. The menu on the right would use my plugin to set the start_depth to 1 so that it only shows the children of the active parent.

You would of course need to figure out the CSS/JS to get the look and interaction that you want out of the two menus, but functionally it is pretty straightforward.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Menu of Lonely Planet Website
Your information: