Home Forums WP Nav Plus Installation and Configuration take CSS and functionality from theme

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Matt Keys 2 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Tobias Conrad

It is time to include what you promised in FAQ long time ago.

SOLUTION:
    take the theme CSS by auto or let the user choose via dropdown the best match CSS class
    take menu funtionality from theme

YOU: Does WP Nav Plus include CSS styling like shown in the demo?

No, WP Nav Plus is a direct replacement for the built in WP Nav Menu function. Like the function that it replaces, no CSS styling is applied, only the HTML structure is created. It is the job of the activated WordPress Theme to style the menu elements.

I have received a number of request to add some ‘stock’ CSS to the plugin, and I may do so on the Widget only in the near future. However the wp_nav_plus function will always remain style-free to best support developers.

ME: The built in “WP Nav Menu function” takes styling form my theme but “WP Nav Plus” does not style by auto
    https://marquardt-porzellan.de/porzellanwelt/marquardt-liste-arabia/

Does WP Nav Plus include menu expand/collapse functionality?

YOU: No, WP Nav Plus is a direct replacement for the built in WP Nav Menu function. Like the function that it replaces, no Javascript functionality is applied, only the HTML structure is created.

I have received a number of request to add this functionality to the plugin, and I may do so on the Widget only in the near future. However the wp_nav_plus function will always remain javascript-free to best support developers.

ME: same here the theme provides that the menu stays open after click on the side menu
    but your plugin does not use this functionality.
    https://marquardt-porzellan.de/kuechenwelt/chroma-messer/
    click and choose menu sub item of “Hersteller A bis L”

#7174 Reply

Matt Keys
    Keymaster

Pay close attention to make sure that you are using the same container type (div, nav), containter class, container ID, menu id, etc that your theme used with the original menu you had in place. It is likely that your theme was targeting the menu with CSS and JS based on one of these parameters.

Information about these options can be found in the wp_nav_menu docs.

If your theme was already using wp_nav_menu, you should be able to find the call to that function in your header or sidebar, and see what settings they were using.

Also, I believe those FAQ items you mentioned above might be from version 1.0 back when I was selling on Code Canyon. Do you have the latest version of the plugin? If not send me a message through the about page on this site and I will email you the latest version.

#7175 Reply

Matt Keys
    Keymaster

I see the FAQ you pasted from was also included in this forum. I have removed the references to adding Style/JS to the widget as this is no longer on the roadmap for this plugin.

When this plugin was first released (and when that FAQ was written), it was only made to solve one problem (split menus), it has since grown to solve a variety of complex menu design patterns. Trying to craft a CSS/JS solution that would work for the myriads of different configurations that this plugin is used in would be very difficult, and even harder to provide support for.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: take CSS and functionality from theme
Your information: